Thank you for using Inspired Collectors!
We wrote this policy to help you understand what information we collect, how we use it, and what choices you have. Because we’re an internet company, some of the concepts below are a little technical, but we’ve tried our best to explain things in a simple and clear way. We welcome your questions and comments on this policy.
We collect information in a few different ways:
1. When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it
When you sign up for or use our products, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name, profile photo, posts, comments, likes, the email address or phone number you used to sign up, and any other information you provide us. If you’re using Inspired Collectors on your mobile device, you can also choose to provide us with location data.
You also may give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may link your Facebook or Twitter account to Inspired Collectors, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (like your friends or contacts). The information we get from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are.
2. We also get technical information when you use our products
These days, whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other internet service, there’s certain information that almost always gets created and recorded automatically. The same is true when you use our products. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
Log data. When you use Inspired Collectors, our servers automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web pages you visited that had Inspired Collectors features, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used Inspired Collectors, and cookie data.
Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using Inspired Collectors on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
3. Our partners and advertisers may share information with us
We may get information about you and your activity off Inspired Collectors from our affiliates, advertisers, partners and other third parties we work with. For example:
Some websites or apps use Inspired Collectors features like our “Save” button. If so, we may collect log information (described above) from those sites or apps.
Online advertisers typically share information with the websites or apps where they run ads to measure and/or improve those ads. We also receive this information, which may include information like whether clicks on ads led to purchases or a list of criteria to use in targeting ads.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information we collect to provide our products to you and make them better, develop new products, and protect Inspired Collectors and our users. For example, we may log how often people use two different versions of a product, which can help us understand which version is better. If you make a purchase on Inspired Collectors, we’ll save your payment information and contact information so that you can use them the next time you want to buy something on Inspired Collectors.
We also use the information we collect to offer you customized content, including:
- Suggesting items you might like. For example, if you’ve indicated that you’re interested in artifacts we may suggest artifact-related items, posts, or people that we think you might like.
- Showing you ads you might be interested in. For example, if you visited artifacts on Inspired Collectors, we may show you ads for other artifact items or related products.
We also use the information we collect to:
- Send you updates (such as when certain activity, like items, reviews, or comments, happens on Inspired Collectors), newsletters, marketing materials, and other information that may be of interest to you. For example, depending on your email notification settings, we may send you weekly updates that include items you may like. You can decide to stop getting these updates by updating your account settings (or through other settings we may provide).
- Help your friends and contacts find you on Inspired Collectors. For example, if you sign up using a Facebook account, we may help your Facebook friends find your account on Inspired Collectors when they first sign up for Inspired Collectors. Or, we may allow people to search for your account on Inspired Collectors using your email address.
- Respond to your questions or comments.
Transferring your information
Inspired Collectors is a worldwide service. By using our products or services, you authorize us to transfer and store your information outside of your home country, including in the United States, for the purposes described in this policy. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your personal information in such countries may not be equivalent to those in your home country.
What choices do you have about your information?
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices over your information. If you have an Inspired Collectors account, many of the choices you have on Inspired Collectors are built directly into the product or your account settings. For example, you can:
- Access and change information in your profile page at any time, choose whether your profile page is available to search engines, or choose whether others can find your Inspired Collectors account using your email address.
- Link or unlink your Inspired Collectors account from an account on another service (e.g., Facebook or Twitter). For some services (like Facebook), you can also choose whether or not to publish your activity on Inspired Collectors to that service.
- Choose whether Inspired Collectors will be customized for you using information from off-Inspired Collectors websites or apps. If you have an Inspired Collectors account and want to control how your off-Inspired Collectors data is used to tailor your experience, you can visit your account settings and update your preferences. If you don’t have an Inspired Collectors account, or don’t want us to customize Inspired Collectors for you when you’re signed out, you can opt out here.
- Also, we support the Do Not Track browser setting, and you can learn more about how it affects our collection and use of off-Inspired Collectors data.
- Close your account at any time. When you close your account, we’ll deactivate it and remove your items and posts from Inspired Collectors. We may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
You may have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access Inspired Collectors. For example:
- The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage.
- Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is shared with us.
- To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by the device or software provider.
How and when do we share information?
Anyone can see the items and posts you create, and the profile information you give us. We may also make this public information available through what are called “APIs” (basically a technical way to share information quickly). For example, a partner might use an Inspired Collectors API to study what their most popular items are or how their items are being shared on Inspired Collectors. The other limited instances where we may share your personal information include:
- When we have your consent. This includes sharing information with other services (like Facebook or Twitter) when you’ve chosen to link to your Inspired Collectors account to those services or publish your activity on Inspired Collectors to them. For example, you can choose to publish your items to Facebook or Twitter.
- Online advertisers typically use third party companies to audit the delivery and performance of their ads on websites and apps. We also allow these companies to collect this information on Inspired Collectors.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Inspired Collectors; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues. We may share the information described in this Policy with our wholly-owned subsidiaries and affiliates. We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy. We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners, advertisers or others. For example, we may tell an advertiser on Inspired Collectors how many people saved something they shared, or the percentage of people who click on a item after viewing it.
Our policy on children’s information
Inspired Collectors is not directed to children under 13. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
How do we make changes to this policy?
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use Inspired Collectors after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or get your consent as required by law.
How can you contact us?
The best way to contact us is online through our Contact Us page. You can contact Inspired Collectors Co. at 7114 Linden Ave N, #2, Seattle, WA 98105.
Effective September 1, 2017